Most women don’t pay much attention to shoes beyond aesthetics. However, footwear is the most important part of your entire outfit as no other piece of clothing must fit so precisely and perform crucial mechanical functions such as transferring body weight. Aside from being uncomfortable to wear, inadequate footwear can cause many types of foot injuries such as calluses, plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuroma, Achilles tendonitis, and others. So, if your job requires you to be standing and/or walking all day, you are at high risk of suffering from these injuries. That is why you should always look for the ultimate comfort when buying shoes.
To help you out on the journey of choosing comfortable shoes for women, I’ve listed some of the most important features that you should look for when buying. Let’s take a look.
- Lightweight – comfortable shoes for women should be lightweight and easy to walk in. Heavy shoes will only make you spend extra energy and tire you out much easier while walking.
- Flexible material – choose a material that allows the rolling action of the foot while walking and does not put any untoward strain on the muscles of the legs and feet. The sole of the shoes should also be flexible so that it bends with the foot movements.
- Contoured footbed – this feature enables to evenly distribute the weight from your toes, preventing discomfort when standing or walking for long hours.
- Padded arch – the pads on the arch offer more touch points along the part in between the forefoot and the heel, providing more comfort when standing or walking.
- Padded heel – the pads on the heels provide you with soft cushioning, which makes you feel so much better when touching the ground.
- Extra cushioning – it makes your shoes more comfortable and provides more support to your body weight when you need to stand all day.
- Gel pad – it provides cushioning and reduces the impact when you land your foot on the ground.
- Roll bar – it helps stabilize the foot when walking on uneven ground.
When shopping for comfortable shoes, online stores are a good place to start. On the internet, you can read the reviews left by other buyers and see how a certain kind of shoe fits and whether it is comfortable. Another great thing about shopping online is that you can try on shoes in the comfort of your own home without the pressure from a salesperson hovering over your head. If they don’t fit, you can always return them and get a different number. Remember that the best time to try on shoes is at the end of a long day when your feet are tired and a bit swollen. Keep these things in mind and your feet will thank you!