Are you trying to decide on the type of door handles that would suit your interior in the most flattering way? Given the limitless options on the market, it might seem like a difficult choice to make. But keep in mind, when given some thought, the right door handles can enhance the overall look of your home. These door accessories are like a piece of jewellery that will beautifully complete the space. One of the most popular choices for both homeowners and interior designers lately has been hardware in black and for good reasons. Black door handles are stylish and versatile, easy to maintain, and fit in any style.
Are Black Door Handles Modern?
Not only are they modern, but premium door handles in black are the epitome of contemporary interior design. With their sleek and sophisticated appearance, they add a touch of elegance to any space and complement a variety of styles. The variety of finishes makes incorporating black handles easy whether it’s a modern, minimalistic space, or a traditional, rustic home.
Black is a staple colour because it can blend with any other, and this is true for hardware as well. Interiors in white, marble, stone, wood, or neutral colours will benefit from the contrasting black, while livelier, brighter colours will benefit from the solid black that will ground them. This industrial-looking hardware is a safe bet for homes, commercial spaces and public buildings in every style.
More than Black – Variety of Finishes
If you thought black is straightforward and simple, you would be wrong. With the advancements in manufacturing techniques, there are different finishes of black that give a more defined and distinct look to the door handle.
- Matte Black: This finish has a smooth, non-reflective surface that provides a modern and sophisticated look. The understated elegance of matte black door handles is ideal for blending in various design styles, from contemporary to industrial.
- Satin Black: A satin black finish offers a subtle sheen and a soft, smooth texture. It complements both traditional and modern interiors adding a polished appearance while also being less prone to fingerprints and smudges.
- Glossy Black: The reflective surface provides a bold and luxurious look adding a touch of drama and glamour to the space. Glossy black door handles are often used as focal points in contemporary or high-end designs, creating a striking contrast against lighter-coloured doors.
- Textured Black: Textured black finishes feature various patterns and or textures on the surface of the handle. These finishes include hammered, brushed, or distressed effects, adding visual interest and depth to the handle. They are suitable for rustic, industrial, or eclectic interiors, as they bring a unique and tactile element to the door.
What Are the Advantages of Door Handles in Black?
With trends coming and going, you probably can’t afford or can’t be bothered to change the hardware every couple of years. So, when you make an investment, you want that to last. Black has proven to be a timeless, trend-transcending colour that matches all interiors. When you buy black door handles, you can be sure that your home will look elegant and sophisticated for years to come.
Another advantage of the black door handle is the low maintenance. Since the handles are a surface touched and used by many people, you should consider a finish that will withstand that. Fingerprints are less visible on matte black, but the shiny finishes can also be easily cleaned by simply wiping them down with a soft cloth.
What Are the Different Types of Door Handles?
Once you have decided on the finish you would prefer, you need to choose the type of handle you want. Since different types have different functions and features, let’s look at the most common styles.
• Lever Handles: This is one of the most common types of handles. The lever-shaped design allows for easy and comfortable operation in residential homes as well as commercial buildings. The handlebar is attached to a backplate, which could be plain or feature some embellishments, or rose with a round or square shape. The lever handles come in various styles, including straight, curved, or ergonomic, offering both appeal and functionality.
• Knob Handles: A classic choice for traditional or vintage-inspired interiors. They feature rounded, or knob handles that rotate and provide a firm grip. Apart from the usual round design, you can find them in oval or square shapes, catering to different preferences. There are passage door knobs suitable for hallways and keyed knobs for privacy and security.
• Pull Handles: Door pulls or pull handles are commonly used on large doors or doors with a minimalistic aesthetic. They have a long, straight handle that is mounted on the door which can be opened when pushed or pulled. Some of them can be fitted on a rose, and others are on a backplate. They are suitable for commercial use but can be incorporated into homes as well, especially on sliding doors.
Whether you like a minimalistic, modern style, or a traditional and antique look, the black handles are an ideal choice. With their stylish and versatile designs, they can enhance the look and feel of your doors and improve the overall space. They are the perfect option if you want your house to look classy and exquisite. Even if you are not an expert in decoration, you know that you can’t go wrong with black.